Sunday, November 28, 2010

Giving Thanks

This year for Thanksgiving we were invited to my sister-in-laws house.  Our families usually stay home for Thanksgiving, because someone usually has to work on Friday.  Well it's usually me that has to work.  We did our usual spread of turkey, ham, mashed taters, yams, stuffing, scalloped corn, pies, ect.   


Even little Wyatt and Jacyln approved.  Okay so here it doesn't look like Wyatt liked his mashed taters, but he was just putting on a show doing raspberries with his lips.  The taters were flying.


We all sat down to a really good meal and stuffed ourselves silly. 


As it got closer to Thanksgiving people were posting on facebook all they were thankful for.  So I started to think of all the things I am thankful for.  The usual came to mind.  My family, friends, a job, and good health to name a few.  On the way home that night I was checking  facebook on my phone and learned that a very special young lady  in our community had lost her battle with cancer early that morning.  My heart just sank.  Mary Catherine was only 22 years old and an endeared so much with her 4 1/2 year battle with neuroblastoma and more recently her secondary leukemia.  I couldn't image that I myself would have a 1/4 of the strength and courage that girl had dealing with the ongoing chemo, the surgeries, bone marrow biopsies, and bone barrow transplants.  I also couldn't even imagine how I would deal seeing my own children go through something like that.  The Warrior Princess is hero to many.  That brings me to be thankful for my children.  I could not image having to lose my child, let alone having to watch them struggle and hurt.  I feel deeply for Dr Arden Virnig and Dr Patti Hook for the loss of  their daughter Mary Catherine and admire their great strength in dealing with a her struggles. Mary Catherine is now at peace and is not hurting anymore.  I hope and pray that god will bless Shane and I with healthy children as long as they shall live. 

Well on that note I will leave everyone with a few pics of our cute niece and nephew that kept us entertained on their first Thanksgiving. 







 



No comments:

Post a Comment