Thursday, February 2, 2012

Valentine's Day Cards

Tyler has been begging to work on his Valentine's for a few days now.  Finally last night after church (hence the cross on his forehead) I let him work on them.  He got them done all by himself.  It has really sunken in now that Tyler is growing up.  He looked like such a big boy intently going thru his list, writing every ones names, and checking the names off his list when he was done.  I am so proud of him. 

In class at church last night Tyler drew a cross on his forehead.  After he was done with is Valentine's he was looking in the mirror and told me to watch.  He said "God Bless, Father, Son and Holy Spirit" as he made the sign of the cross on his forehead.  Pastor John has periodically been doing communion and church during our supper we have before the kids head off to class.  So even tho we don't go to church on Sundays often he still gets exposure to communion.  I sometimes wonder how much he pays attention in church and in class on Wednesday evenings.  Any time I ask him what he learned he just replies " You know, about God."  He didn't want to wash it off before bed last night.  He wanted to show his teacher today.  I felt bad, but figured it was unfortunately not appropriate for school. 

I just feel like last night I could see how Tyler is growing up and not my little, little boy anymore. 









No comments:

Post a Comment