Wednesday, October 13, 2010

I ALMOST made it!

The boys have been wanting to climb the fire tower at Kathio State Park for awhile now.  So we finally had time to do it on Monday. They boys did a lot better than I did, by far.  Those two climbed the thing all by themselves, but Shane carried Collin down.  I am not sure what was scarier for me, going up or down.  I was freakin out a tad (a little white knuckled) and only made it up 3/4 of the way up.  I got as far as the top of the trees and that was as far as she'd be goin'.  I wasn't liking it too well.  So Shane took the boys up the rest of the way.  I had my foot on the next step thinking I can do this, but didn't get any further than that.  Maybe next year I will be more motivated if we go there when there are a few more leaves on the trees and more of a beautiful view than dead branches.  Going down wasn't much better.  It is bad when a 2 1/2 and a 4 year old do better than a 33 year old.  How I wish I didn't have a fear of heights.  Then after that we took a drive through the park and walked to the dam (oh Marie btw it's dam and not damn lol) and took the dog for a little run and swim.  It was probably one of the last, best fall days of the season.  I am so happy I got to enjoy a beautiful afternoon with my family.

 

This was my view.  I could even see the lake, but it is hard to see in this picture, so that was good enough for me.  






2 comments:

  1. That's a cute family pic too:) You are going to have tons of Christmas card options!!! Where are you ordering your xmas cards from? Did you already?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to maybe order from Allied Photo because you don't have to purchase the template, they just have them to use. I did find one at WHCC, but and debating if purchasing a $25 template was worth it for a stupid Christmas card.

    ReplyDelete